Sunday, April 5, 2015

Wempe - Hidden German Treasure...

In my last trip to Hamburg back in late 2014, I had bought the Wempe Chronometerwerke. And while I was there, I also saw another in-house timepiece - the Chronometerwerke Power Reserve.

At first glance, the watch resembles the Glashuette Original Senator Chronometer. But this is different from the GO version.
 photo WempeChronometerPowerReserve05_zpse49666b4.jpg

I took the pictures when I was in the Wempe outlet in Hamburg so pardon the lighting in the showroom reflecting off the watch.

The watch looks very similar to the GO Senator Chronometer except that the GO version comes with a silver dial, a big date as well as a day and night indicator. The Wempe version comes without the date and the day/night indicator.
 photo WempeChronometerPowerReserve02_zps97493c6f.jpg

But the watch is still attractive with its 43mm round case.
 photo WempeChronometerPowerReserve03_zpsa3a47305.jpg

At the back is the Calibre CW3 which is again in-house designed and manufactured in collaboration with Nomos, Glashuette.
 photo WempeChronometerPowerReserve01_zps356be34e.jpg

What is interesting about the movement is the central bridge with a double balance cock which is hand engraved.
 photo WempeChronometerPowerReserve04_zps682202e5.jpg

Attractive in the front as well as the back.
 photo WempeChronometerPowerReserve01_zps356be34e.jpg

And if I were not rushed for time or had a bigger budget, I would have spent more time admiring the watch and probably ended up buying it myself like I did the Chronometerewerke Tonneau which I had earlier posted about.

No comments:

Post a Comment