Thursday, May 28, 2015

Seiko Prospex - Golden Charm!

Seiko Prospex Aviator is what I call this timepiece.

Why the aviator? Well the timepiece reminds one of aviation style - the aeroplane seconds hand and the altimeter-style date window are some clues.

Somehow, I like the gold version better than the black ion finishwhich I reported previously.

As I have said in my other post, the date window feels a little off (pun intended) with the marker at the 17 minute location as opposed to it at the 15.

And typically, the window should display three dates but the Prospex displays 5.

The bezel has a sand-blasted finishing and gives the watch a more rugged feel about it.

And the crown is protected by the crown guard but it is a normal push in crown without a locking mechanism.

The SRP580 comes with a normal tang buckle and fitted with a leather strap.

I really like the Seiko marque - very well done.

Although it is a Limited Edition, Seiko does not divulge how many are made - these are non-numbered Limited Editions. I find that somewhat odd. But the timepiece is priced right. Priced below $400, the Seiko Prospex is a winner for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment