Saturday, June 20, 2015

Omega Seamaster Vintage - New Old Watch

Omega - one of the great brands of Swiss watchmaking. And the Omega Seamaster is an iconic piece.

Back in the Sixties, Omega made many of these Seamaster 30 timepieces. I managed to pick one of these up for a reasonable price.
 photo OmegaSeamaster3003_zps591bffb5.jpg

In most cases, they are steel examples but in this case I managed to get one in rolled gold - not exactly gold case but gold looking.
 photo OmegaSeamaster3002_zps26ee54de.jpg
 photo OmegaSeamaster3006_zps25087186.jpg

As you can see, the hands especially the seconds hand is already corroded. Difficult to find a flawless example.
 photo OmegaSeamaster3004_zps8424246f.jpg

Simple lightweight piece with a steel case back.
 photo OmegaSeamaster3005_zpsb12abb7e.jpg

The dial on this one is almost flawless given the age. I like the simple look of this piece.
 photo OmegaSeamaster3007_zps438c82c2.jpg

It is difficult to find pieces in this condition and I am glad I managed to find one. I have another in steel and shall post it another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment