Saturday, June 18, 2016

Beauty is in the Enamel - The Montblanc Villeret Vintage Pulsographe

When two enamel dials come head to head, what is your preference?

Many thanks to the folks at the Montblanc Boutique at Marina Bay Sands and in particular Julien Miribel and Katharina Ueltschi. I managed to capture the beauty of the white gold, white dial Villeret Vintage Pulsographe.

Compare the black dial version in a rose gold case against the white dial version in a white gold case - which would you prefer? The dials are fired using the Grand Feu technique at temperatures exceeding 800 degrees Celsius. A Grand Feu enamel dial is said to be very durable and I can attest to that. Take a look at my Lange pocket watch which dates back to 1908 - the enamel dial is still pristine!

I had earlier written a post for my friends at Deployant featuring my experience in acquiring the beautiful rose gold, black dial piece.

A look at the handsome pair.

Subsequently, I put out my own blog on the Villeret 1858 Vintage Pulsographe. Needless to say I am extremely happy with the acquisition and definitely a keeper. Look out for more photos of the white gold version. Coming soon to a screen near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment