Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Perpetually Yours - The IWC Portuguese Perpetual

This is one of the most recognisable perpetual calendars on the market.

It was love at first sight for me... but alas, has been out of my reach.

The dial is well balances and not too crowded but for someone like me who is long sighted, even the clean layout is a challenge for me. And this variant comes with the North/South moonphase.

This timepiece belongs to a friend of mine. Simply a beauty in every respect. The Portuguese range is an icon for IWC and although they have several iterations of this timepiece, I like the rose gold black dial the most.

The case back features an automatic movement with the Pellaton winding system proprietary to IWC. The movement provides a seven days power reserve so well known in the Portuguese stable.

The 18K rose gold case is rather well made and the crown is signed.

A final look at the iconic Portuguese Perpetual.

There are several variants out there but this rose gold black dial is one of my favourites. Then there is the white gold blue dial version which is also very handsome. Whatever the case is, I will settle for any variant of the IWC Portuguese Perpetual.

No comments:

Post a Comment